Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Working the Plan-ner!

Hello!

Well, a couple of weekends ago I extended my weekend by adding a few extra days off.  This allowed me to have a little staycation (ResourceNista definition:  get my house right, do stuff for other people, don't check work email and release some of the work toxins.)

I enjoyed every minute of it!  I got up at 7-something-AM everyday.  Two of those days were due to  my hot water heater replacement.  When faced with this appliance replacement, I had to accept the fact that I had been negligent in my home maintenance plan.  I thought I was on top of things because I had a little "To-Do" list but what I really had was a problem...an organizational problem.

Since knowing is half the battle, I developed a plan to encourage and motivate myself to stay on task during my days off.  Each night before bed, I assessed that goals/tasks I needed to accomplish.  Each morning, I refreshed my mind with the plan, added any last minute updates and then I moved into action toward accomplishing my daily goals.  What an amazing feeling!  It was so empowering when things came up and they didn't throw off the plan!  Since I was organized through planning and preparation, I could easily make adjustments and still met all of my daily goals.

How was I able to stay on task?  My planner.  Yep, I'm in the planner movement!

MAMBI Happy Planner-Gold Foil  photo taken by me
I've been using a planner for a while but over the last few months, I decided to take it to the next level.  Digging deep to determine what I really needed in a planner and what would keep me motivated to use it.  So, after a few tries, I finally purchased the Happy Planner by Me & My Big Ideas (MAMBI).  I'm told and have seen a few pictures/video about its similarity to the Erin Condren planner but the Happy Planner can be purchased at a local craft store and it was a budget friendly option.  This planner features the ability to remove pages, reinsert pages and add new pages.  Since I have already been using the Levenger/Staples Arc System for my bible study notes, this was really a no brainer!  I have been very happy with the system!

MAMBI Happy Planner -- Inside View Photo taken by me
Are you in the planner nation?  Are you a planner addict?  Let me know your favorite planner and planner accessories!

No comments: