Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Shout Out for the Local Farmer's Market

Happy Wednesday,

In late May, my employer moved us to the heart of DC from the Foggy Bottom area.  And while I had access to several Farmer's Markets in our previous location, I seemed to really gain an interest and a greater appreciation for them when we moved.  I would race out of the office for lunch on Tuesdays to visit the market at City Center and take a late lunch on Thursdays to visit the Penn Quarter Market.  The quality and price of the produce was unbelievable.  I can remember being at the Penn Quarter Market during a spring/summer storm.  Each customer was helping to hold up the tent as they made their purchases...it was definitely an experience.

Again in my quest to support small businesses, I had to include the farmers!  Right?!

But then suddenly, (well not suddenly to them because it was listed on their website) the market at City Center announced it would close for the season.  I was sad but knew, the Penn Quarter Market would still be around so I bounced on my merry way.  Until...I realized...it is December and my beloved Penn Quarter Market will soon close for the season.  What will I do??????

Research, investigate...  As a smart ResourceNista, I've done some research.  Come to found out, there are several year-round Farmer's Markets and one is even located not too far from my home.

Since sharing is what this blogging thing is all about, here's a couple of  websites to make it easier for you to locate a DMV area Farmer's Market:


Fresh Farms


Hope you will get a chance to visit an area Farmer's Market!

Until Next Time,

Keep it Resourceful!

~ The ResourceNista

No comments: