Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I Joined the FitBit Nation!

This past week was extremely hectic!  I had back to back meetings all day followed by group dinners in the evenings.  By the time Friday arrived, I was completely done.  However, in the midst of all that activity, I managed to order a Fitbit.  Yep, a Fitbit.  I had made a commitment to myself that if I faithfully used the Pacer and MyFitnessPal Apps on my phone, I would earn the privilege of having a Fitbit.  You see, I tend to like gadgets but I am a big frugalnista  (read: cheap).  So, once I got active and moving to lose some weight and to help maintain good health, I wanted a gift to christen my decision.  But...I also know myself and myself gets bored easily so once the novelty wore off...it would land in the gadget repository (aka a box somewhere in my house.)  I made the deal but carrying my cell phone around to track my steps wasn't easy.  I'm not the one on her phone every moment so when I run out to the store without a bag or purse, carrying my wallet and it just wasn't working for me.  So it was time to make the purchase.


Which one did I purchase? (I heard you!)  I purchased the Fitbit Charge HR.  On Mother's Day I took my mother to dinner and a play.  I was looking at my seat neighbors phone and asked how she was liking her iPhone 6 plus.  She raved and somehow the conversation moved to the Fitbit.  She then emphatically stated...if you get one, get the Fitbit Charge HR.  At this point, I wasn't really thinking about a Fitbit but the information stuck.  After I did my research, I confirmed that the Fitbit Charge HR was for me.  By using the comparison chart on the Fitbit site, I was easily able to determine the best model for me.  My only flaw was not measuring my wrist and comparing against the dimensions listed.  But it fits and I am making my 10,000 steps every day!


Until Next Time,


Keep it Resourceful!

No comments: