Wednesday, October 29, 2014

....A Few of My Favorite Things...October Edition

As you can see from the badge on the right, I've committed to #NaBloPoMo. By posting this badge, I am declaring that I am committed to this blog!

Let's start November by highlighting some of my favorite products, services, and experiences that Made OCTOBER special!

Accessories
I am really loving stud earrrings.  I really believe it is because I appreciate the simple elegance they bring to your face.  Whenever I can find them, I scoop them up...IMMEDIATELY!  When I saw these on the clearance table...I had to have them. The Coastal Grey Stud Earrings by J. Crew are my favorite this month.  They are well made and sturdy.  Unfortunately, they are no longer available in the store.

Makeup
I'm not a makeup person but my favorite makeup product is Mascara.  I'm loving Benefit's They're Real.  Truthfully, it is beyond a favorite, it is a holy grail product.  It helps make my eyes pop!

Food Item/Snack
Due to some recipe snafu, I would have been snacking on Starbucks's pumpkin scones.  However, Trader Joes's came to the rescue with Pumpkin-mania--every pumpkin flavored product a mind could conceive.  Check it out for yourself but go quickly!   Everything sells out fast and is not usually restocked,  So since I'm a pumpkin-loving person and the slapped the word pumpkin in front of it...it was my favorite snack!

Best Customer Service of the Month
Rolling Ribs Part II
I mentioned them in a blog post earlier this week and while the food was really good the customer service was absolutely the best!  I could not help but give them a second shout out for the week.

YouTube Channel
During October, I focused on DIY channels but cannot narrow it down to one.  Channels such as Be My Guest with Denise, At Home with Nikki, Very Keri, The Unfrumpy Mommy, and more filled my YouTube viewing time.  These women encouraged and inspired me to tap into my crafty and creative side,  As a result, I'll have a DIY to post here on this blog this coming Monday!

Event
During this month, I attended a couple of weddings, a home blessing, and a host of other activities that filled the October calendar page of my planner.  They were all exciting and joyous events.  I was extremely honored to be asked to be a part of those special occasions.  I was also able to include attending the Dance Theatre Harlem at the Sidney Harmon Theater as another special moment for this month.

Overall, it was a good month!  Let me know what made your month special.

Until next time,

Keep it Resourceful!

The ResourceNista

No comments: