Friday, October 24, 2014

A Week Ago Today: Someone was Married and I Almost Missed It

Well, from the title you know what I was doing last friday.  But...I was not in the white dress, I was the one who made it to my seat in the audience with 7 minutes to spare!  My church starts everything on time!  So when attending a wedding, funeral, or Sunday morning worship at my church, we all know to plan accordingly (church word).

For this wedding day attendance, I had a well-planned day.  Dry cleaners, Hair appointment, quick conference call while under the dryer, quick errand, home to get ready for the wedding and out the door to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time.  What's the saying...the best laid plans go awry?  A awry, away from expected or proper direction, is definitely the perfect word.  I made it to the dry cleaners but I had to eliminate the errand, the conference call was scheduled earlier which threw off the start of my hair appointment, and the hair stylist was determined to work her magic a little slower than I would have liked.  All to say, I still left home on time but arrived 27 minutes after the published start time due to traffic.  But I hope you did not miss what I said, the published start time.  Yes, the  couple pulled a fast one on us and I've never been so happy to be deceived.

What I'm curious about is...is this now common practice...to publish a false start time to make sure your guests arrive on time?  Let me know.

No comments: