Wednesday, November 19, 2014

What I WOULD Have Done This Past Weekend

This past weekend I felt terrible.   I didn't want to do anything so I didn't.  I stayed in the house and purged by closets.  However, if I would have been in my usual "energizer bunny" mode, this is what I would have done.

On Friday, I would have stopped by the new MOM's Organic Market on NY Avenue in the old Hecht's warehouse.  I would have sampled every treat they had available, grabbed one of those swag bags and purchased a few snacks before heading to...

The Gilt Warehouse Sale that was held just down the street at Union Market.  I would have done a little shopping and lots of people watching as other attempted to #raidthewarehouse.  But before I left the neighborhood, I would have stopped by...

Dolcezza to grab a pint of their Heirloom Apple Cider Sorbetto.  The original and seasonal flavors keep me running to make sure I can catch them before they are gone for the season!

On Saturday morning, I would have breakfast at home...no brunch for me this weekend because I have a full day planned!  My first stop would be the Grand Opening of the Habitat for Humanity Restore in Silver Spring.  As you may already know, proceeds from the sell of donated items goes to building affordable housing the areas where the stores are located.  One of my favorite people, Bahia of  On the Purple Couch, was doing a demo using chalk paint sold in her Kensington store.  You know I had to check it out and support her. 



(Note:  I was actually feeling a little inquisitive on Sunday after church so I dropped by ReStore.  But you never know what you might see in these stores...)


I would have a couple of hours before the Women's Fellowship at my church but I have two more stops to make.  First, I would run by the Grand Opening of the The WaterHole for a delicious juice to get me through the rest of the day.  I am really excited that they are open.  Then I would scurry over to Dupont Treading (Penn Avenue location) for a little brow maintenance. This location always does a excellent job on my brows!

I would then remember that we were having a little dessert fellowship for our First Lady after the teaching.  With Sweet Lobby just down the street, I would grab some cupcakes and possibly some macaroons as my donation to the event.  My favorite cupcakes are the Salted Chocolate Caramel and the S'more.  I've only had their green tea macaroons but they were really good so the ladies might like them, too.  Off to church I go...

After the blessing of fellowship, I would then find my way over to National Harbor for their Annual Tree Lighting Celebration.  I would catch the last few moments of the Harbor Holiday Market and grab a hot apple cider from Goodies Frozen Custard & Treats before the tree lighting begins.  I would hope that hot cider would last through the fireworks show and holiday music that happen after the tree lighting.  This is definitely a great way to start the holiday season and end my night.
_________________________

As you can see, I would have had a fun-filled day!

I'm still a little off schedule but hope to have this week's DMV Events posted later tonight....

Until then,

Keep it Resourceful!

The ResourceNista

No comments: