Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Done and on to the Biggest Comeback of My Life! -- Part I

Have there ever been days when you knew the moment you woke up, a page would be turning and you had to move forward to the next stage of your journey?  Have you ever been faced with the reality that you could no longer accept the nonsense you had allowed to dominate your heart, mind and life for whatever reason?  Have you ever been so mad because situation(s) has reached it boiling point, you shake from the core of your being and feel like your spirit is about to abandon you because your emotions have over taken its space?  I have.  It was Thursday.


 *Photo taken by me

See, I had two situations brewing on the hot box called my life--one personal and the other professional.  I thought the personal situation was handled because I had a conversation with the other party and I really thought the person understood.  I knew I understood what they were telling me.  But go figure, this person didn't understand what I was saying, even though I kept asking do you understand?  You see, while the minor portion of the story opened the door for our discussion, it was minor to me because neither they nor I held the master key to that situation.  Yet they still couldn't let the minor go.  Maintaining control of it meant more to them then to me because I understood it was beyond my control.  I get wanting to maintain that position of "control," but I could not continue to allow my friend to believe they could control our friendship because of the "minor." So I restated my points from our conversation and then let them know, I was done and moving on.  Of course my friend could only focus on potential stumbling blocks but I was done so I invited them to join me in moving forward.  Going back was no longer an option.  I had committed to do what was best for me verses allowing anyone to keep dragging me through the same situation because they had not yet obtained the peace they needed to move forward.  I knew I could not help them without losing a piece of myself and I realized I do not have any pieces left to lose.  I accepted my limitation and proclaimed that I was done! The page has been turned.


Have you experienced the morning call that today would be presented with a chance to move forward in your journey?  What are you willing to claim as "DONE" in your life?  Have you allowed the page to be turned?  Hint:  You will be okay!


Aside from God, you are the greatest resource you will ever have!  Honor God by protecting it!


More to come!


Until then,


Keep it resourceful!

No comments: